Query from Insightly into Google Sheets or Post data from Google Sheets into Insightly using Sheet Director.
What is Sheet Director?
Sheet Director is a G Suite add-on that helps to manage and control bi-directional data flow between Google Sheets and several other applications like Google Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Sheets, QuickBooks, FreshBooks, Zoho,Zendesk etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check Installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Insightly?
Insightly is a SaaS-based CRM solution targeted at small and mid-sized businesses. ... Businesses use Insightly for relationship linking, contact management, email tracking, lead management, opportunity management, quote generation, workflow automation, project management, advanced reporting, and call management.
> Pull all data from Insightly objects and store it into a spreadsheet.
> Push all data from spreadsheet to Insightly.
Setting up Insightly in Sheet Director
Choose App and Service:
- Select Insightly from the list of applications.
- Select service query/post
- Switch on Run Automatically if the queries needs to be executed in regular intervals.
- Provide you API Key
- Click on connect to Insightly to connect to Insightly so that you can pull data.
To get API Key
- Click on profile from top right corner ,the bar will appear
- On the bar click on user settings
- You ca find your API key by scrolling down the page as shown as below image
- You can copy and paste it in sheet director
Insightly to Google Sheet - Query
- If Insightly is connected successfully the following screen appears.
- Select the required entity
- Select the Filters as required.
- Filters include fields, matches, value.
- Select the maximum result that is required.
- Select the destination sheet to save the data or create a new sheet by clicking the Add new icon.
- Click on execute to pull the data into sheet
- Click save to save the service
Google Sheet to Insightly - Post
- Select the entity object that you need to post to
- Select Apply Template or Setup Mapping
- Select Apply Template to add a default template.
- Select Setup Manually to select manually.
- Source Sheet
- Choose the sheet that contains post records.
- Enter the Start at cell value
(the default value is A1, if you change the value you need to refresh the header by clicking on refresh icon on side)
- Select the Status column
- If status column is not there, simply click the +button to add the status header on your sheet(A status column will be created in Spreadsheet)
- Select the Result column
- If result column is not there, simply click the +button to add the result header on your sheet(A result column will be created in Spreadsheet)
- After selecting the entity it will ask for intelligent mapping
- If you need to do intelligent mapping click on yes
- Intelligent mapping will map the matching fields automatically
- You can do manual mapping by selecting Column drop down
- You can delete the field by click on delete icon on top of each filed map
- You can't delete mandatory* fields
- Click on execute will ask for confirmation
- Click save to save the service
- It will show number of records ready to post
- Click post now to post the records on Insightly
It will show the counts of number of records posted successfully and failed to post