Query from Salesforce into Google Sheets or Post data from Google Sheets into Salesforce using Sheet Director.
What is Sheet Director?
Sheet Director is a G Suite add-on that helps to manage and control bi-directional data flow between Google Sheets and several other applications like Google Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Sheets, QuickBooks, FreshBooks, Zoho,Zendesk etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check Installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Salesforce?
Salesforce Sales Cloud – The Sales Cloud is a CRM platform that enables you to manage your organization's sales, marketing and customer support facets. ... You can use this platform to exchange data and images in real time.
> Pull all contacts from Salesforce objects and store it into a spreadsheet.
> Push all contacts from spreadsheet to Salesforce.
Setting up Salesforce in Sheet Director
Choose App and Service:
- Mention the required service name.
- Select Salesforce from the list of applications.
- Select service as Query.
- Click on Connect to Salesforce to authenticate to Salesforce.
- Click Allow to allow Salesforce to grant access to Sheet Director.
Salesforce to Google Sheet - Query
- If Salesforce is connected successfully the following screen appears.
- Select the required entity
- Select the Filters as required.
- Filters include fields, matches, value.
- Select the maximum result that is required.
- Select the destination sheet to save the data or create a new sheet by clicking the Add new icon.
- Switch on Include Header if required.
- Switch Clear Sheet before execution to clear the old sheet data before execution.
- Switch on Notify on Execution.
- Click Setup Email Template to customize the email structure as required.
- Click Pick Drive Files to attach files from drive to email.
- Switch On Add attachments from Google Sheet to attach sheet tabs to email.
- Select Full Sheet or Range.
- If Range is selected mention the required rage of values.
- Switch on Embed as Inline Table if the content should be send in inline table (embedded in the body of email)
- Switch on Ignore empty rows if empty rows needs to be ignored.
- Switch on Attach PDF if the content should be send as a PDF file.
- Click Execute to execute the services.
- Click Save to save the services.
Google Sheet to Salesforce - Post
- Select the entity object that you need to post to
- Select Apply Template or Setup Mapping
- Select Apply Template to add a default template.
- Select Setup Manually to select manually.
- Choose the sheet that contains post records.
- Enter the Start at cell value
(the default value is A1, if you change the value you need to refresh the header by clicking on refresh icon on side)
- Select the Status column
- If status column is not there, simply click the +button to add the status header on your sheet(A status column will be created in Spreadsheet)
- Select the Result column
- If result column is not there, simply click the +button to add the result header on your sheet(A result column will be created in Spreadsheet)
- After selecting the entity it will ask for intelligent mapping
- If you need to do intelligent mapping click on yes
- Intelligent mapping will map the matching fields automatically
- You can do manual mapping by selecting Column drop down
- You can delete the field by click on delete icon on top of each filed map
- You can't delete mandatory* fields
- Click on execute will ask for confirmation
- Click save to save the service
- It will show number of records ready to post
- Click post now to post the records on Salesforce
It will show the count of number of records posted successfully and failed to post.