Query from JIRA into Google Sheets or Post data from Google Sheets into JIRA using Sheet Director.
What is Sheet Director?
Sheet Director is a G Suite add-on that helps to manage and control bi-directional data flow between Google Sheets and several other applications like Google Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Sheets, QuickBooks, FreshBooks, Zoho,PayPal etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check Installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is JIRA?
Jira is an issue tracking product developed by Atlassian that allows bug tracking and agile project management.
> Pull all data from JIRA entities and store it into a spreadsheet.
Setting up JIRA in Sheet Director
Choose App and Service:
- Select JIRA from the list of applications.
- Select service as Query.
- Switch on Run Automatically if the queries needs to be executed in regular intervals.
- Enter Domain URL
- Enter Email
- Enter Api Key
- Click on connect to JIRA to connect to JIRA so that you can pull data.
Where can you find your domain?
- copy the domain URl as shown in below example
- copy and paste the URL into the JIRA domain URL field on the Sheet Director Configuration.
How to get API Key
- Click 'Create API token' button
- From the dialog that appears, enter a memorable and concise 'Label' for your token and click 'Create. '
- Use 'Copy to clipboard' and paste the token into the JIRA API Token field on the Sheet Director Configuration.
- If JIRA is connected successfully the following screen appears.
- Select the required entity
- Select the Fields as required.
- Select the maximum result that is required.
- Select the destination sheet to save the data or create a new sheet by clicking the Add new icon.
- Click on execute to pull the data into sheet
- Click save to save the service