Query from Zendesk into Google Sheets or Post data from Google Sheets into Zendesk using Sheet Director.
What is Sheet Director?
Sheet Director is a G Suite add-on that helps to manage and control bi-directional data flow between Google Sheets and several other applications like Google Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Sheets, QuickBooks, FreshBooks, Zoho,Zendesk etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check Installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Zendesk?
Zendesk is a suite of support apps that helps transform your customer service into agents for customer retention and lead source. ... Zendesk Support puts all customer interactions in one dynamic interface for an efficient, seamless process.
> Pull all data from Zendesk objects and store it into a spreadsheet.
Setting up Zendesk in Sheet Director
Choose App and Service:
- Select Zendesk from the list of applications.
- Select service
- Switch on Run Automatically if the queries needs to be executed in regular intervals.
- Enter Data Center
- Enter your Client Id
- Enter the Client Secret
- Click on check
- Click on connect to Zendesk to connect to Zendesk so that you can pull data.
What is Data Center ?
How to get Client Id and Client Secret ?
- On side bar click on admin -> channels - > API
- Select OAuth clients
- Enter the Client name
- On redirect URI enter the following url
- Click on save
- You will get Client Secret
- If Zendesk is connected successfully the following screen appears.
- Select the required entity
- Select the Filters as required.
- Filters include fields, matches, value.
- Select the maximum result that is required.
- Select the destination sheet to save the data or create a new sheet by clicking the Add new icon.
- Click on execute to pull the data into sheet
- Click save to save the service