Various Authentication Support
Sheet Director connects with Applications, through various authentication mechanisms
Some popular authentication mechanism that Sheet Director supports are
- Key Authentication
OAuth is an open standard for access delegation, commonly used as a way for Internet users to grant websites or applications access to their information on other websites but without giving them the passwords. This mechanism is used by companies such as Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Twitter to permit the users to share information about their accounts with third party applications or websites.
Sheet Director supports both OAuth1 and OAuth2
Sample OAuth Authentication
- Click on connect to Capsule to connect to Capsule so that you can pull data.
- It will redirect to the App's authentication page
- Ask for confirmation
- Click Allow
- After authentication Success message will shown
- Close that window and you can use the service
Key authentication is used to solve the problem of authenticating the keys of the person (say "person B") to whom some other person ("person A") is talking to or trying to talk to. In other words, it is the process of assuring that the key of "person A" held by "person B" does in fact belong to "person A" and vice versa.
This is usually done after the keys have been shared among the two sides over some secure channel, although some of the algorithms share the keys at the time of authentication also.
Sample Key Authentication
- Provide you API Key
- Click on connect to Insightly to connect to Insightly so that you can pull data.
For Key type authentication you need to get the API Key from the app
For example we can see Insightly :
- Click on profile from top right corner ,the bar will appear
- On the bar click on user settings
- You ca find your API key by scrolling down the page as shown as below image
- You can copy and paste it in sheet director