Query from Google Task into Google Sheets or Post data from Google Sheets into Google Task using Sheet Director.
What is Sheet Director?
Sheet Director is a G Suite add-on that helps to manage and control bi-directional data flow between Google Sheets and several other applications like Google Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Sheets, QuickBooks, FreshBooks, Zoho etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check Installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Google Tasks?
Google Task is a free online service for managing your to-do lists.
Google Task app enables you to create tasks and task lists from the form data .
>Pull the all my tasks from Google Tasks into Google Sheets
Setting up Google Tasks into Sheet Director
Choose App and Service:
- Select Google Tasks from the list of applications.
- Select service as Get Task.
- Switch on Run Automatically if the queries needs to be executed in regular intervals.
Google Task Configuration:
- Select the required task from the task list.
- Select the required fields for which you need data.
- Fix the maximum result that is required.
- Select the required destination sheet or you can create a new spreadsheet and save the data by clicking the add icon.
The below image shows the data that is obtained from Google Tasks.
Google Sheet to Google Tasks - Post
- Select the Task that you need to post to
- Select Apply Template or Setup Mapping
- Select Apply Template to add a default template.
- Select Setup Manually to select manually.
- Choose the sheet that contains post records.
- Enter the Start at cell value
(the default value is A1, if you change the value you need to refresh the header by clicking on refresh icon on side)
- Select the Status column
- If status column is not there, simply click the +button to add the status header on your sheet(A status column will be created in Spreadsheet)
- Select the Result column
- If result column is not there, simply click the +button to add the result header on your sheet(A result column will be created in Spreadsheet)
- After selecting the entity it will ask for intelligent mapping
- If you need to do intelligent mapping click on yes
- Intelligent mapping will map the matching fields automatically
- You can do manual mapping by selecting Column drop down
- You can delete the field by click on delete icon on top of each filed map
- You can't delete mandatory* fields
- Click on execute will ask for confirmation
- Click save to save the service
- It will show number of records ready to post
- Click post now to post the records on Google Tasks
It will show the count of number of records posted successfully and failed to post.