Distribute data from one Google Sheets into many Google Sheets, take backup and more using Sheet Director.
What is Sheet Director?
Sheet Director is a G Suite add-on that helps to manage and control bi-directional data flow between Google Sheets and several other applications like Google Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Sheets, QuickBooks, FreshBooks, Zoho etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check Installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Google Sheets?
Google Sheets is a spreadsheet program included as part of a free, web-based software office suite offered by Google within its Google Drive service.
In Sheet Director Google Sheets application is used to segment a field by using a particular parameter and store the particular data in a new Google Sheet or an existing Sheet.
> Segment a data from a source sheet and send that data across 'n' number of sheets based on configuration.
> Backup the whole sheet to the drive folder
Setting up Google Sheets in Sheet Director
Choosing App and Service
- Select Google Sheets from the list of applications
- Select service as Distribute or Backup
Distribute sends sheet data to different sheets.
Backup sends a backup to the selected folder.
- Switch on Run Automatically if the queries needs to be executed in regular intervals.
Google Sheet Configuration:
- Select the sheet that needs to be configured.
- Select Full Sheet or Range.
- If Range is selected mention the range of values that is required.
- Segmentation is a process of grouping the spreadsheet data by values of the selected field.
- Segment by the field as required.
- Choose the spreadsheet and spreadsheet tabs in which the data needs to be saved.
- Create a new spreadsheet to save the required data.
- Click the save icon to save the details or cancel icon to cancel.
- If the spreadsheet is configured it will be highlighted with blue color.
- Switch on Auto create new segments if required.
The purpose of Auto Create new segments is to automatically create new spreadsheet with segment name if the segments are not configured.
- Switch on Clear old sheet data if the the data from the selected sheet needs to be cleared before saving the current details.
- Google sheet Name template appears after switching on Auto create new segments. Mention the template name as required.
Source sheet from which you need to distribute data across different sheets.
Output sheet where data is distributed to one of the configured output sheet. (From above source sheet all Queries assigned to "Mithun" will be distributed to configured output sheet)
Backup Sheet Service
Backup sends a whole spreadsheet backup to the selected folder in drive.
- Select service as Backup
- Click on select folder
- Select the folder from drive where the backup sheet should created
- Click on execute to backup the sheet